How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42247
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father is dying and before my mother died she said she

Customer Question

My father is dying and before my mother died she said she set up a trust for us with any new asbestos suits. Is it filed with the courts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.I am so sorry for your situation here.

You would need a local PA lawyer here to file a civil suit against the sister.The lawyer can seek a court order here for an accounting here and then judgment for any misspent funds.

The lawyer may use a CPA or other expert to review the records and see what misspent funds are involved.You really are going to need a lawyer to force discovery for all that has transpired.

The sister here had a fiduciary duty to not misspend funds and self deal here.She can be removed as POA and held accountable for all of this through the courts.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You can locate a trust/probate lawyer here.

If your dad deceases here the estate can still pursue this matter.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.