How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I live in California. My wife's mother lives in

Customer Question

My wife and I live in California. My wife's mother lives in Ohio. When my wife's father was ill her mother transferred the ownership from my wife's mother and father (together) to her mother and my wife (together). My wife's father passed away and her mother is now 93 years old. The ownership of the house is still with my wife's mother and my wife together.
My wife's mother has 8 children (all still living). We want to get my wife's name off of the house deed now. What is your recommendation now to get my wife off of the house deed and are there any tax implications to my wife if we do so?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? To whom do you want to transfer the title? Has the house appreciated substantially since it was purchased? Thanks.

Related Estate Law Questions