Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Can a trust (texas) be structured to have co-administrators?

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, a trust in Texas can have more than one trustee. If there are going to be multiple trustees, however, you want to specify in the trust agreement whether each trustee can act alone or there must be a consensus...such as a majority or unanimity. If there are only two trustees (or an even number of trustees), you would also want to provide specifically what happens in the event of a deadlock.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!