How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41494
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the personal representative estate that is in probate

Customer Question

I am the personal representative for an estate that is in probate in S.C. there is an automobile in this estate that I cannot locate a title on. It was original owned by the decedents sister-in-law who passed away several years ago. The car was moved from
Ga. to SC and has sat at the decedents home for several years. I need to sell this car to settle the estate. How do I go about getting a title?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.Here you can get the title from SC dmv.Here is the form.If you look at the top there are multiple boxes moving toward right check duplicate title.Fill it out , take it with you to SC dmv here to get duplicate title.You need you letters testamentary or of administration to show them at dmv.This authorizes you to get the copy and sign title etc. if you need to transfer title as well.



Once you have title here you can sign on behalf of the deceased , and complete a sale and transfer of title.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

DUPLICATE TITLE1)___ Lost ___ Stolen or ___ Destroyed Title

2)$15.00 title fee--look for this box to check on form above.

Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Pay the fee here out of estate account as it is an estate expense.