RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I have a son that is disabled and when s father died. He

Customer Question

I have a son that is disabled and when his father died. He left the house to me incare of my disabled son. I was divorced from the father at the time of death. We have lived in the house for sometime now. My question is Is it possible to sell the house and rebuy a home in a better neiborhood or does it have to go back to Medicaid.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

No if the house is titled in your name then you can sell it here.It does not appear medicaid asserted a claim or lien because the son here is disabled.In that situation you are free to sell the property and move to a better neighborhood as you want to do.You are trying to help you and your son here to relocate. I do not see that medicaid would have a problem with this.

I think you have the right idea to sell and try for a better neighborhood for both of you.Long term this is a great idea.I do not see that medicaid would have a claim here.They waived it when the house went to you for sons benefit.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou ray. I appreciate your advice
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You are so welcome, good luck with sale and move here.It is for the best.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate good luck to you with all.