Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My Uncle left an estate (approx. $250,000.00) back in 1995/6

Customer Question
after he passed. He had...
My Uncle left an estate (approx. $250,000.00) back in 1995/6 after he passed. He had 2 brothers (the oldest is my Fathers) and 2 sister who have all passed now. There supposedly was another sister that (I guess) the lawyer was trying to find (could be in Hungry?). My cousin and I (there are 11 first cousins left) have been trying to find out what happened...how the estate was settled. I have a few papers from my Dad's files but they don't give me a disposition. I've tried calling the lawyer who handled the case (he's still in business in Chicago) got vm twice, left 2 messages over the last 10 days and he has not bothered to call me back.
What can I do ???? Help !!! Thank you !
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2015
Estate Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Loren, Attorney

Good morning. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you know if the case is pending in probate court? Is it in Cook County?

Are you online with me?

I don't know. I want my $5 back.....this is a scam. I cannot afford $100 let alone the $5 you took from me. !!! Please answer.
Please tell me you're not billing me the $5 !!!!

I was making an offer to discuss this by phone, if you wanted. You do not have to accept and I am happy to continue online with you.

Please...I need to know what to do next.

Is this in Cook county probate court?

Hello?

Once again, is this in Cook County?

I don't know. I know the money for the "missing sister" who we don't know, was given to the Cook County Treasurer, Feb, 1995. That just covers that person's share. I don't know what happened to the rest. That's what I'm trying to find out. Can I do something about this lawyer that doesn't call me back?

You can file a complaint about the lawyer handling the estate. You would file with the ARDC.

You can file online at the following link: https://www.iardc.org/howtorequest.html

Have you checked the estate file in the probate court?

Who is the ARDC?? I'd rather call them.
How would I check an estate file? How do I find the probate court?

The ARDC is the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission.

ARDC
130 E. Randolph Dr., Ste. 1500
Chicago, IL###-##-####br />FAX:(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. Just charge me the $5 and I'll call them.
Please confirm.

The clerk of the probate court is in the Daley Center downtown (Chicago), at the corner of Washington and Clark Streets.

You can also check online with the probate court at the following link:

http://www.cookcountyclerkofcourt.org/?section=CASEINFOPage&CASEINFOPage=4210

What did you wish me to confirm?

That I'll just be charged the $5, thanks !

Have I answered your question? You offered $64 for this question.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

No....no....my questions were not answered. Just where to maybe go and that's only worth the $5. I better not be charged more than that. Confirm, please.

What else would you like to know? Are you scamming me?

A little bait and switch perhaps?

Did you wish to continue? I am happy to continue answering your questions until you are satisfied.

What????? I'm a 68 year old retiree trying to help my cousins find out what happened to this money? You think you helped? You just gave me a referral and 5mins of your time. I am not a scammer, just looking for help and now crying !!!! Thanks for belittling me.

What else would you like to know???? I am answering the questions you are asking.

Which question was not answered?

That's all. I am so confused. Just charge me the $5 and we're done...confirm, please.

What is confusing. I am trying to help you.

Please stop. Just confirm the $5, please.

Stop what??? I have nothing to do with the charges. I just answer legal questions. You will need to contact customer service.

Phone #

There is a button on your page.

Anything else?

Good luck. I hope it turns out ok for you.

Loren, Attorney