Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

How can i find a copy of a trust between a county owned

Customer Question

how can i find a copy of a trust between a county owned hospital and the county commissioners
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

What exactly are you looking for? I've never seen a "trust between a county and a county owned hospital" so I want to make sure I know exactly what you're looking for.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It may not be called a trust. It is an agreement between the county commissioners and the county owned hospital
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.

It should be filed along with the minutes of the commissioner's meeting in which it was adopted or signed. However, it might be easier to send an Open Records Request to the Commissioner's Court and/or the hospital asking for a copy since it should be a public record.

You can find some examples of request forms at this Google search request:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=oklahoma%20open%20records%20act%20request%20form

Once you send the request they are required to provide a copy or state the exemption they rely on for denial and I can't think of an exemption that would apply. You will be required to pay a slight fee for whatever time they spend digging the item out of the records and making the copies but the amount is usually just a few dollars.