Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

Where do I get information on all of the possible

Customer Question

Where do I get information on all of the possible beneficiary designations:
1. a number of beneficiaries: equally or the survivors equally or the survivor
2.Pir Stirpes
3.Contingent
4.Joint
Etc>?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Are you looking for just what each designation means?

.

Or do you have a specific objective in mind?

.

If you have a specific goal in mind, if you can tell me what it is, I can try and help figure out a way to get you there..

.

.

thanks

Barrsiter

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to put together a monograph with the beneficiary designation possibilities. Many of my reps only put a single beneficiary with no contingent etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been involved in too many situations where the beneficiary is dead, former spouse etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The specific wording for each possibility would be helpful.
Contingent
Per Stirpes
Survivors equally or the survivor
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I am going to have to opt out of the question and open it up to other experts as I am not currently in a position to be able to do the applicable research for you.

.

Your account hasn't been charged and another expert should be along shortly to assist..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but my account has been charged. I received a notification from AMEX stating that it has been charged.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I think what you are looking for are the rules for default succession (who gets what) for someone who has passed and has no WILL. Correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.