TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My mother died of cancer in August 2000 without a will. Our

Customer Question

Hello!
My mother died of cancer in August 2000 without a will. Our family home was foreclosed and sold at auction in 2011. Was this a legal sell. I and my siblings received nothing. I was making arrears payments on behalf of my mother to a lawyer. I was so young at the time I did not know what arrears payments were.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Since I don't know the details of the case, I can't say with certainly that the foreclosure sale was lawful. However, nothing you wrote leads me to believe that it was unlawful. Moreover, it likely doesn't matter at this point because the statute of limitations has expired on a 2011 foreclosure. This means that even if the foreclosure was unlawful, it is too late to do anything about it. A Court would throw out any lawsuit filed against the lender at this late time.

I am truly sorry that my answer is bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!