How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56538
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Northern New York. I have question concerning Care

Customer Question

I live in Northern New York. I have question concerning Care of my mother. My father passed away 6 years ago and everything was left to mother. there was a house and land with about 250 acres. She turn everything over to my brother, sister and myself in 9/2012.
We had the land and house put on separate deeds. the house is in my name and the land was just recently sold. My mother has life time use of the house. Her condition at this time is slowly worse, she would better off in some sort of adult care or nursing home. Is there anyway the she would eligible for nursing care without the three of us being penalized for payment since is not been the 5 year rule for this?
thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.


Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

The home may look to you for contribution. she would be eligible. The home often wont investigate such transfers. The best option is to apply, and try to work out a payment arrangement that is suitable, and also see what medicare will assist with.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if that is clear and if I can clarify anything, please ask me.

Related Estate Law Questions