How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41014
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i force a succession in louisiana, if so how

Customer Question

can i force a succession in louisiana, if so how
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Yes here you can make application for intestate succession as though there was no will.This forces anyone with a will to file it otherwise you are appointed as personal representative of the estate.

The court will publish notice here and schedule a hearing on your application.Once appointed here you would proceed to search for assets, gather them, sell them, pay claims, disburse the remaining funds to the legal heirs and complete probate.

This is the means to get succession started you can do this yourself or use a parish lawyer and the estate will reimburse the legal fees.The personal representative is entitled to be paid a fee for their work..

Forms and self help..

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If a person dies without a valid Will in Louisiana, he or she is said to have died intestate. His or her estate will be handled by intestate succession. This means that the deceased person’s assets will be distributed under Louisiana intestate law.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Laws of intestacy if no will is produced..

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you want to use a probate lawyer to make application here and serve as estate lawyer here is lawyer referral..

The way to force succession here is make application yourself.You may be named personal representative and paid a fee for your work by the court.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely ***** ***** am glad I could hep you today.