Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Last Will and Testament: I lost my father on Sunday and

Customer Question
today his caretaker presented a...
Last Will and Testament: I lost my father on Sunday and today his caretaker presented a last will and testament to us stating that he leaves everything to his friend and caretaker. This is the person who prevented me from staying in the church that my
grandfather founded. My father had been very sick and could not have been in his right mind as he had been undergoing kidney dialysis treatment and was very sick. I also believe that the homecare worker did not properly care for him and killed him. Please
help me and they also have started to prepare him for burial by one of the caretakers boyfriends.Who can I get to do an autopsy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/21/2015
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

You can perhaps file a police report and order an autopsy through the report. If the will was drafted during the time that you believe your father was not of sound mind, the will becomes invalid if you are unable to prove that.

I would communicate this intention to the caretaker and request an explanation about when the will was drafted and signed and what was your father's cause of death.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

They are rushing to get him buried and have already embalmed him. He is at the funeral home of which the care taker's boyfriend did the embalming. As he was a pastor and the caretaker was part of the church her behavior was not questioned. She also is very involved with the hiring of these workers.

Understood. You have a right to challenge the will.

How do I challenge the will?

If the will is probated, you must contest the will in court.

Can my father legally leave his family out of a Will when my grandfather wanted to keep the church in the family?

Yes, assuming he was of sound mind when he signed the will.

How do I contest the will in court?
There is a a church involved. How do we find the legal documents of how the church was formed? My father according to these documents turned over the church which was to stay in the family. We have now found out that he told someone that he was afraid of Betty.
I believe my father was killed by his caretaker in order to have the assets of the church. He told someone that he was afraid and coerced him to go to a lawyer to get things signed.
Kidney items: I was to give my father my kidney. He told me to speak to the doctor about it. He was excited and called me frequently about it. I believe that the caretaker told the doctor to turn him down in order for him to die.
I also believe that Betty the caretaker was drugging my father. The night that he died she said that she had given him some water. She said only 1/2 cup. She had consistently told me that she had been giving him 1/2 cup of liquid. What was in that liquid over time could have killed him. Each time that I and my father made an agreement or plan by the time I got there Betty had just seen him and he reacted differently. There were also fights with other caretakers who were working with him and then just before they would see him again he would have changed. As her daughter's boyfriend embombs bodies there can be chemicals that she had been using without anyone's knowledge. She was upset the day I saw her about a pastor's wife that he wanted to make a minister and also who he wanted her to take over the Sunday school.She seemed to be quite upset about it.
Signatures:For instance I have a signature from my father from 1970 and another from 2015. Would they still be the same?How do you know if they are the same? Who does handwriting analysis in the city of New York, borough of Queens?

I will opt out to allow another expert to respond.

Estate Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to start with a police report. If your grandfather was murdered the State will prosecute this person and they would not be entitled to inherit anything under his will.

How do I contest the will in court?
also believe that Betty the caretaker was drugging my father. The night that he died she said that she had given him some water. She said only 1/2 cup. She had consistently told me that she had been giving him 1/2 cup of liquid. What was in that liquid over time could have killed him. Each time that I and my father made an agreement or plan by the time I got there Betty had just seen him and he reacted differently. There were also fights with other caretakers who were working with him and then just before they would see him again he would have changed. As her daughter's boyfriend embombs bodies there can be chemicals that she had been using without anyone's knowledge. She was upset the day I saw her about a pastor's wife that he wanted to make a minister and also who he wanted her to take over the Sunday school.She seemed to be quite upset about it

You need to contact law enforcement. The state has the resources to investigate and prosecute this person. Please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. You can also contact the prosecutor's office during business hours to make them aware of the situation.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you have any additional questions for me. Unfortunately the attorneys do not receive credit for assisting you if you do not rate our service positively. We are happy to assist you and appreciate your business.

Each time I try to view your answer I get s pop up that is s Time Warner Canle ad

I am sorry. Let me try again.

My response was that based on your belief you want to file a police report. You may also wish to speak to the prosecutor in the area where your father resided at the time of his death. This would be a criminal matter and a very serious one. Have you filed a report with law enforcement?

The state would be the one paying the money for expert witnesses for trial. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.

Please let me know if you are able to read my response. If not please contact customer service to let them know tree is an issue as you should not pay for the service if you cannot read out responses. Thank you.

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney