Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I need a court order to obtain withdrawal slips showing all

Customer Question
monies that were withdrawn from...
I need a court order to obtain withdrawal slips showing all monies that were withdrawn from banks by my sister and mother before my mother's death. Harford County MD took over guardian ship of my mother and her monies because of my sister draining her accounts and not properly taking care of her. She is now deceased and guardianship is being sought by me (her son)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
9/21/2015
Estate Lawyer: Attorney2020, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney

You can file an action in state court for an accounting and then subpoena the bank records to review the withdrawal slips. If an action is pending, you can subpoena the records now. If the bank does not respond to the subpoena then a court order would be necessary.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Attorney2020
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney