How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40970
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Both my parents passed, father first then mother, I am an

Customer Question

both my parents passed, father first then mother, I am an only child and mother left me everything including the home in a will. I just currently paid the house off and now want to transfer title into my name. I would like to do this myself if possible. Do not know the name of the form that I need to present to the courts to get this done. We live in california. The title for my parents say joint in there names only
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You will need to make application to probate the will.This involves filing a DE-111 and the original will and having court admit it to probate and appoint you the personal representative.Once appointed as PR you would pay any claims and transfer title to yourself as sole heir.This is done by fiduciary deed from yourself as PR to yourself individually and is the legal way to transfer the title to yourself.


Instructions step by step..

Short video

Warranty Deed for fiduciary..

No way around probating the will and having court validate it and appoint you as PR--personal representative for the estate.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Related Estate Law Questions