Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Both my parents passed, father first then mother, I am an

Customer Question
only child and mother left...
both my parents passed, father first then mother, I am an only child and mother left me everything including the home in a will. I just currently paid the house off and now want to transfer title into my name. I would like to do this myself if possible. Do not know the name of the form that I need to present to the courts to get this done. We live in california. The title for my parents say joint in there names only
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
9/15/2015
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

You will need to make application to probate the will.This involves filing a DE-111 and the original will and having court admit it to probate and appoint you the personal representative.Once appointed as PR you would pay any claims and transfer title to yourself as sole heir.This is done by fiduciary deed from yourself as PR to yourself individually and is the legal way to transfer the title to yourself.

Form..

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/de111.pdf

Instructions step by step..

http://www.alameda.courts.ca.gov/Pages.aspx/Preparing-the-Petition

Short video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1kWyKErMUE

Warranty Deed for fiduciary..

http://www.uslegalforms.com/ca/CA-SDEED-6.htm

No way around probating the will and having court validate it and appoint you as PR--personal representative for the estate.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney