Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

I have a question about a House that was in the name of my

Customer Question

I have a question about a House that was in the name of my father, not in the name of the Trust when he died. Thus the actual owner of the house is in question, and there is going to be a hearing about it.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the full story: My Mom died, and my father remarried. In 2004, he created a Trust and in the trust, gave the house to his new wife's daughter, Grace.The new wife then died of cancer, and my father passed away shortly after.However, the title to the House was not put in the name of the Trust, nor was it put in the name of Grace. So the title is still in the name of my father, although he has been dead for some years now.Grace has now found a Lawyer to Petition the court to put the house in her name, and I have received documents pertaining to this.The question: What rights do I have in this matter? Is it possible to get a part of the ownership of the house?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

It is possible, I believe. Community property laws may have passed part to you and part to Grace. A CA lawyer should be able to sort it out in minutes if s/he has all the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. ***** thought you were a lawyer. That is why I came here.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Did your father own the home before he married Grace's mother?