Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

I got 162 acre farm left to me from my dad when he died in

Customer Question
the will but my stepmom...
I got 162 acre farm left to me from my dad when he died in the will but my stepmom has life right and no one will tell me what I can do I went threw two lawyer's and know she has all control of the land?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
9/7/2015
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Was stepmother left a "life estate" in the property with you to receive it after she passes?

.

If so, was there any condition that she maintain it and pay all property taxes and upkeep on the property?

.

Do you think that she would consider a buy out of her interest?

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney