Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

In the state of South Carolina, as part of a will that

Customer Question

In the state of South Carolina, as part of a will that directs the PR to deed and title 1 acre for two of the three heirs named in the will, is it permissible to select the two best acres even these two acres are adjacent to the home that might have to
be sold?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Does the will just specify that the PR has to give each of the two heirs one acre, but doesn't give any direction as to how to decide which heir gets what acre?

.

Is the PR a beneficiary also who is to receive one acre?

.

Is this part of a much larger parcel where the house sits and the testator is just carving out an acre each for a homesight for the two heirs?

.

.

thanks