How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7351
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother died with no living trust no will /intestate; no

Customer Question

My mother died with no living trust no will /intestate; no surviving spouse; 3 adult children. My brother filed a petition for Letters of Administration through a probate attorney. I do not trust him. Do I have to approve this administration?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You do not have to consent to the administration by your brother. You have the option of petitioning the court to appoint you and have a hearing as to why you, and not he should be appointed. It is up to the judge to decide who is appointed. You may find this information helpful.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for this Answer. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.