Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

My mother died with no living trust no will /intestate; no

Customer Question

My mother died with no living trust no will /intestate; no surviving spouse; 3 adult children. My brother filed a petition for Letters of Administration through a probate attorney. I do not trust him. Do I have to approve this administration?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

You do not have to consent to the administration by your brother. You have the option of petitioning the court to appoint you and have a hearing as to why you, and not he should be appointed. It is up to the judge to decide who is appointed. You may find this information helpful. http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-140423-074.pdf

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for this Answer. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.