Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My mother passed away on 8/26/15, age 93 in Lima, Ohio. I

Customer Question

My mother passed away on 8/26/15, age 93 in Lima, Ohio. I went to have her mailing addressed changed to my address (Colorado Springs, Colorado) and found out I needed to have papers of authority. She had no assets but a checking account which my sister and I are listed on. I need help.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here you can do this online in her name and have it forwarded to your house.Since there is no probate if you do ti in her name like she moved to your house this will take care of it here.This would save you hassling with probate since there are no other assets to probate.

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/move-info/icoa-main-flow.do?execution=e1s2&_flowId=icoa-main-flow&

Again the trick is to do it like she completed it and moved to your address..no need to mention she deceased.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

You may need to give them a drivers license or SSN here but its all online, you change it like she moved..thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not true. I did that and you must complete a voter registration before submitting a change of address. To do so would not be truthful because she is not alive to vote. I stopped in that process and called the probate court. I will not pay $52 to ask you further questions. This has not been helpful.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out here and leave this for an Ohio expert.Please do not rate others will pick this up.Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

different expert here. do you still need an answer and if so what would you like to know at this point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and I will not rate. I also do volunteer work and I do appreciate your time. I am just so frustrated.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem. Let me see if I can help. what can I answer?