Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

What is Probate the will mean?

Customer Question

What is Probate the will mean?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Probate is the process by which the property of the deceased is distributed in accordance with their last wishes or as directed by statute if their is no last will. It is also the way any claims by creditors may be resolved.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

It is commenced by filing a petition with the probate court for the county where the decedent resided when they died.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

The probate court will determine the validity of any last wills submitted and appoint an executor to act as the legal representative of the estate for the purpose of administering the assets and liabilities of the estate.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?