How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 17 years old and living with my neighbor. My Dad died

Customer Question

I am 17 years old and living with my neighbor. My Dad died this January. I think my Dad had a will, but my sister may have the copy. She has taken $5000 from the account that my dad said was meant for me for college. She said that she didn't do it, but the lady at the bank told me the last name of my sister. I have 3 other sisters all of 18. My birthday is ***** She served my other 2 sisters with papers giving her control of the dads estate. I have not been served, but one of my other sisters forwarded me the legal documents. It list my address where I lived with my Dad, but I had to move in with my neighbor. I had to register for my senior year of high school under project pass which considers me homeless since I can't live at my house because my sister is selling everything. One the papers it states that my Dad's estate is worth $3000 at the time of death and mentions furniture and household items. It doesn't list the house, trucks, boat etc. Even though the papers state that I have to sign them by September 4th, I won't be 18 un September 11th. My sister told me that I have 24 hrs to sign it or she was going to wipe her hand of me. I really need legal counsel to represent me pro bono. Please refer me to legal counsel in Irving, Texas that can help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You absolutely need a local attorney and below are some pro bono legal services in the Dallas/Irving area that can assist you:

Southern Methodist University School of Law Child Advocacy Clinic

PO Box 750116
Dallas, TX 75275
Family and Juvenile

Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program

(214)(###) ###-####/strong>*****br />Dallas, TX 75201
Bankruptcy, Civil Rights, Consumer and Criminal

Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas

(817)(###) ###-####/strong>
600 E. Weatherford St
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Civil Rights, Consumer, Divorce and Domestic Violence

Mosaic Family Services

4144 N. Central Expwy
Dallas, TX 75204
Domestic Violence, Family, Health Care and Immigration

East Dallas Counseling Center

(214)(###) ###-####/strong>
4144 North Central Expwy
Dallas, TX 75204
Domestic Violence, Family and Immigration

Dallas CASA

(214)(###) ###-####/strong>*****br />Dallas, TX 75204
Divorce and Family

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can also contact child protection services, because this can be deemed possibly financial abuse of a minor or theft from you and they could step in and assist possibly.

Related Estate Law Questions