How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  JA Mentor. I run my own practice that specializes in Estate Preparation and Administration
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I understand correctly I can just walk away. Are their

Customer Question

If I understand correctly I can just walk away. Are their legal papers that I have to fill out? Who pays to remove her manufactured home? I do not want this to come back and haunt me next year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and thank you kindly for requesting me to assist you again.

No, you do not have to file anything. If you never accepted the funds, there is nothing to file. To protect yourself just in case you can fill out a signed affidavit stating that you as heir formally 'repudiate' and refuse your share from the estate, but nobody will ask to see it.


Dimitry, Esq.

Related Estate Law Questions