How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband included our home in living trust.Neither of us

Customer Question

My husband included our home in living trust.Neither of us have filed for divorce yet. I am getting no help from him and he has just took all equity out on home raising the house payment by 450.00. He has moved down street in another of his properties with another woman ad children.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Assuming the home is community property, your husband cannot take the equity out and use if for his own personal pleasures. As a spouse, you are entitled to half of the proceeds in connection to the real estate. Perhaps send written correspondence requesting half od the equity monies. Additionally, look into retaining divorce counsel. Where are you located in California, I may have a referral to a family lawyer that is extremely reasonably priced depending on your location.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.