Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

We have a house in oriental nc. We 't think the realtor is

Customer Question
We have a house for...
We have a house for sale in oriental nc. We don't think the realtor is doing his job. Electric air conditioning and heating bill is are thru the roof. We need help. We are in ct and nj. Please help. We don't even know if he's showing it. Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
8/21/2015
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
I would suggest you write the realtor asking to terminate the listing contract by mutual agreement and release.You can threaten to file a complaint with the state if the realtor does n ot agree to release and mutual termination.
See if the realtor doesn't agree to release you here from the listing contract.
Here is the complaint form, that would be your remedy if the realtor doesn't release you .
http://www.ncrec.gov/Forms/Consumer/rec401.pdf
You would then also be able to have a n NC lawyer send a termination letter for cause and seek to force termination if these other idea don't work.You would have to terminate for cause based on the terms of the contract and sue as a last resort.
If you have to involve a local lawyer in NC here is lawyer referral..
http://www.ncbar.org/public-resources/find-a-lawyer/
You have rights in all of this, try to resolve it with a letter or email seeking to mutually terminate and release you from the listing contract.
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
I hope all of this will not be necessary.The threat of a complaint is real and often realtor will just agree to release you here.
NC listing agreement here allows for mediation that may be another means to resolve it see item 18 under agreement below..
https://www.pdffiller.com/en/project/39844662.htm?form_id=100079393
If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.If you have more questions just ask,thanks again.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney