How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am executor of my fathers estate I am putting all my time

Customer Question

I am executor of my fathers estate I am putting all my time with trust, going to doctor for my father cooking and taking care of him. I have 5 brothers and one sister they do nothing is there a agreement called service agreement where I can get some funds this is interfering with my job and not making much please let me know.
Also, do I put and/or after my fathers name on the checking account. thank you, CB
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am very sorry for your loss.
To clarify, is your question the following:
1) Can I be paid as an Executor for the work I do for the estate, and
2) How do I add my name on the checking account of my father?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My father is still alive. all I am asking so as my brothers do not contest the will is there a form service agreement the services that I do for my father
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please cancel this email
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Did you mean you wished to cancel the question?