How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41622
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister deceased 2 years ago and I would like to start the

Customer Question

my sister deceased 2 years ago and I would like to start the process for inheriting a non-retirement account, I need legal services and advice.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.Is this the only asset and roughly how much in the account here, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
If the estate is less than $100k here and there are no creditors I would try a small estate affidavit.You complete it and submit it to the bank here, there is no filing with probate court.
If they will not accept this then you would use the forms below to apply for regular probate CC-302,CC-303, CC-305, court here at hearing on your petition issues you letters of administration, this allows you to claim funds.
Forms referenced above here.
You get the EIN number online from IRS..
Usse the sight above to get your EIN number, be aware lots of fake sites this is the legitimate one.
You file your petition here, they post notice, you get hearing date to appear to get your petition heard and then you receive letters of administration--these allow you to act on behalf of the estate and access funds.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Related Estate Law Questions