How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33014
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has alzheimers and is in a nursing home. Before

Customer Question

My mother has alzheimers and is in a nursing home. Before she was ill she had appointed my brother to be her poa in her general power of attorney. It also says that for any reason that he is unable to fulfill this, that she appointed me. His healh has gotten so bad that he can not take care of her legal matters, so I need to know if I have to get a special form stating that he can no longer take care of things for her. We have the general poa, a specific poa, and a medical representative, and a living will and all have been notorized. I am just unsure of how to proceed from here. Our mom just turned 90 today so I want to make sure I have things taken care of. thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
A letter from him resigning his appointment as attorney in fact would be sufficient to transfer authority to you.
There is nothing else you need.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have follow up questions feel free to ask. It is never a problem.
Best regards.