How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19624
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family did not have a probate will read because brother

Customer Question

my family did not have a probate will read because brother promised to so before death he died five years ago and left sibling out and deeded by deceit forged signature of incompetent to wife and son.. family now know they were lied to and wish to contest this with copied of original Will State of Georgia.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.
Could you review it, use proper punctuation marks, ask specific question, and resubmit?
Thank you for your cooperation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
family needs to know what to do about an estate left to children by parent at death? the original Will was held by one brother who convinced family he did not want neighbors but would pass to family before his death. he also stated he got a quit claim deed to avoid payment to nursing home while dad was in nursing home with Dementia 3 months before his death. The brother sibling promised never to file approximately one month after his death his wife and son same name recorded a quit claim deed almost 5 years now in Laurens County to themselves. he received rents from house, ''land crops and hunting, timber sales no share with siblings. Most siblings are deceased but have children living in different cities. what do we do since Will was never probated by a trusted brother and executor of estate approx. 100 acres?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information.
You would need to retain a local Attorney who handles probate litigation to review the Will and see what can be done at this late stage. It is difficult to tell you within the confines of this forum how to go about this complex matter. However, a local Attorney in the County where the properties in question are located should be retained to review everything including suing the "trusted brother" to get back properties wrongfully taken and rents collected from the properties.
You can use the following sites to find local probate Attorneys: