Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Property Deeds....Father, son & daughter on deed...father

Customer Question
passes away - no will...
Property Deeds....Father, son & daughter on deed...father passes away - no will, daughter passes away - will leaves all assets to 3 children. When daughter passes away, does title go solely to son, or son and daughter's 3 children?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
8/14/2015
Estate Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Under intestate laws the title goes to the son and the daughter's 3 children. The children all share one share of the title UNLESS this deed has a 'survivorship' clause. This clause is highly unlikely because it is generally a clause that is put in place on property that is owned by spouses, and not by parties who own this 'in common'.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney