Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

Have a probate it has gone through the court house would

Customer Question

Have a probate it has gone through the court house would like to know what my next step to finish this
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I am assuming you are the personal representative. She below for your responsibilities. Since your question was a bit short and lacked some detail, I wasn't sure where to start.

1. The personal representative notifies heirs and devisees of his or her appointment within 30 days.
2. Upon his or her appointment, the personal representative publishes a notice announcing his or her appointment and address, once a week for three consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation in the county. The personal representative notifies creditors of the estate to present claims within four months after the first publication of the notice.
4. The personal representative pays all bills and federal estate taxes (if due) from the assets of the estate and distributes the remaining assets. All expenditures must be accounted for.
5. The personal representative may close the estate on an informal basis by filing with the court a verified statement stating that he or she has complied with the provision of the probate code. The estate may be closed on a formal basis after proper notice to interested persons about the times for a hearing on the final accounting, and the formal hearing before a district court judge.

Please see the following link, for a more detailed version of your duties: msuextension.org/publications/FamilyFinancialManagement/MT199008HR.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer if satisfied.