Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

How can I set up a Medical Living Will and also a power of

Customer Question

How can I set up a Medical Living Will and also a power of attorney
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What you really need are 3 documents:

1. Durable Power of Attorney--A document that appoints another person to make financial decisions for you if you are unable to do so due to reduced mental capacity or inability to communicate your wishes.

2. Medical Power of Attorney--A document that designates another person to make decisions for you regarding your medical treatment in the event that you are unable to communicate your wishes.

3. Directive to Physicians—This document, which is generally what is referred to as the "living will," allows you choose to either be given life sustaining treatment or be allowed to die naturally, in the event you are suffering from an illness or serious injury that you will not likely survive.

I can provide you templates for all of these which you can then easily complete with your specific facts. I would have to do that for you through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please sent all forms. Is there an additional fee?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Yes, there would be an additional fee. I would have to do this through the Additional Services option. The additional fee would be $59 for templates for all 3 forms.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow. That's a bit more than I anticipated. I need to think about this. Are there any further costs to process the completed documents such as notary?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

I understand. I'll be here if you choose to move forward with this. Yes, you would need to get these documents notarized.