Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My brother is estranged from my parents yrs. He just died.

Customer Question
My brother is estranged from...
My brother is estranged from my parents for 15 yrs. He just died. How can I get a next of kin paper so I can claim his body
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
8/11/2015
Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would need copies of his birth certificate and your birth certificate to prove to the Mexican authorities you are his brother and next of kin, which means you would have to declare he is not married and has no children as well. They require proof of your relationship and the US Embassy there will provide you assistance with any translations required as well. See also: http://mexico.usembassy.gov/eng/citizen_services/death-of-a-citizen.html

I'm his sister. I have his birth cert. Mine and my marriage certificate. It shows we have the same parents. Is that enough for to also gain access to his storage locker ??

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to present that to the Consulate as that is what they will need to give you the documents you need for the Mexican authorities.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney