How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother is estranged from my parents yrs. He just died.

Customer Question

My brother is estranged from my parents for 15 yrs. He just died. How can I get a next of kin paper so I can claim his body
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You would need copies of his birth certificate and your birth certificate to prove to the Mexican authorities you are his brother and next of kin, which means you would have to declare he is not married and has no children as well. They require proof of your relationship and the US Embassy there will provide you assistance with any translations required as well. See also:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm his sister. I have his birth cert. Mine and my marriage certificate. It shows we have the same parents. Is that enough for to also gain access to his storage locker ??

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You would need to present that to the Consulate as that is what they will need to give you the documents you need for the Mexican authorities.

Related Estate Law Questions