How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What forms need to be filed so that both parents can serve

Customer Question

What forms need to be filed so that both parents can serve as limited conservators?
Since my child will be receiving SSI, should I file a fee waiver in her name?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
The limited conservatorship is governed by Probate Code §2250(a)(b):
GC-111 ( is the form and the link to all guardianship/conservator forms is =GC
Here is a link to notice:
Here is a link to the order after the Judge has issued letters (you will have to provide this to the Judge to sign):
Link to the letters:
From link:
If you are low-income and cannot afford to pay the fee to file your court papers, you can ask for a "fee waiver.”
There are 3 ways to qualify for a fee waiver:
If you are receiving public benefits, like Medi-Cal, Food Stamps (CalFresh), Cal-Works, General Assistance, SSI, SSP, Tribal TANF, IHHS or CAPI;
If your household income, before taxes, is less than the amounts listed on Form FW-001 in item 5b; OR
If the court finds that you do not have enough income to pay for your household's basic needs AND the court fees.
To ask for a fee waiver:
For a conservatorship here is the proper form:
If your child qualifies, yes you should ask for a fee waiver (every little bit helps). To help explain the process:
Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)