How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42892
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to make sure that my estate docs are OK: My Revocable

Customer Question

I want to make sure that my estate docs are OK:
My Revocable Trust places my household possesions in my trust whereas Will leaves them to my Wife. Upon my death will possesions be distributed per my Will?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here you need to amend the trust to have them pass under the will.As it stands they are part of the trust assets and pass under the trust.

You can amend your trust here using this form..

You would amend the trust to say..

Paragraph $%$ is amended as follows:

My personal possessions I won at time of death hereby pass under my will rather than my trust

tot he named heirs under the will.

Something like this would amend it, feel free to modify it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
I sent you a follow up for additional service to look at your trust amendment once it is done.