How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41001
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has agreed to make me her conservator to handle

Customer Question

My daughter has agreed to make me her conservator to handle her finances here in Missouri. What forms do I need? Petition?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
All that is really needed is a Power of Attorney form. Assuming she does not lack mental capacity, all that is needed is said Power of Attorney which she can sign and notarize and get back to you. See here for a copy of such a form.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not what I wanted, so please don't charge my card for the $33.00. Richard XXXX
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I will send this to customer service.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I go in to more detail of what I want? This is the first time I've used this service.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
You can. However, there is little more that I can add, so I will opt out in favor other experts. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ray a new expert here.

Missouri Conservatorship forms here, you have to modify the county for the one you are filing in.The site below has self help and reference to help you file your application for conservatorship.

I appreciate your patience here, let me know if you have more follow up.It is never a problem, sorry you got a brief answer above, let me know if you have more.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

A petition for guardianship or conservatorship can be filed in the circuit court, probate division of the county where the incapacitated person resides, owns property, or is currently located.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

More for you with law and Q and A..

Your daughter would go with you when you go to court on your application.You file this in the county where you are located in circuit court with the clerk.You will then be give a hearing date to go in front of the judge.Your daughter here can testify she wants you to be her conservator here and manage her funds.

Thanks again.