How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does PA. Law allow open Probate? And can subpoena family

Customer Question

Does PA. Law allow open Probate ? And can subpoena family members to produce insurance policies belonging to me ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you have a right as surviving spouse to file a petition to probate the estate. You need a probate lawyer to do so. The probate lawyer will be able to subpoena all family members to order them to bring in any will or insurance policy they have on your deceased spouse and then the court will decide who they belong to.

Related Estate Law Questions