How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41043
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I just signed up ins. in Maryland.

Customer Question

my wife and I just signed up for supplemental ins. in Maryland. The carrier is going to deduct payments from our bank accounts. My wife and I have bank accounts at Huntington Bank in Austintown Ohio which could be used for payment withdrawals. My daughter who has a POA if both my wife or myself become mentally incompassitated She then would be able to handle our affairs. My wife has dementia but I am totally alert and mentally capable to handle our affairs. For whatever reason my daughter saw fit she opened a bank account in her name and added my wifes name. She aill have my wifes check put in and insurance premiums withdrawn from that account.Absolutely not needed , she has a bank account already. She did this without my knowledge. How do I undo this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.You are likely going to have to open up a conservatorship/guardianship for your wife.You have priority to be appointed here. You can revoke your POA to her.The problem is this account and wife's POA doesn't name you in all of this.So a conservatorhsip/guardianship over your wife allows you to regain control of her finances and gets the daughter out of your lives. You are likely going to need a local lawyer here to make application and get appointed as her conservator/guardian.This allows you to not only make financial decisions but medical ones as well.This is a really good idea here long term to regain control over your wife's affairs. I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. Lawyer referral here, please pick your city to get lawyers with ratings.. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Reference for you to getting guardianship.
Here are forms and self help here if you cannot afford a lawyer..
: The Guardianship Handbook: A Guide to Adult Guardianship and
Guardianship Alternatives in Maryland
If you paste this to your browser it will allow to read all about this.
Thanks again.If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions