How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37017
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to transfer 99% share of my real estate property to my brother who's a married

Customer Question

I want to transfer 99% share of my real estate property to my brother who's a married man. Does his wife receive the ownership as well? How to write it on title?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..No, this would be considered a gift from you to him and gifts and inheritances are considered the separate property of the recipient. She would only gain an interest if he later added her to the deed as a joint owner...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to write his ownership on the tile? His name, A Married Man as His Sole and Separate Property?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
You can have the deed drafted that way, but by law it is already considered he separate property because it is a gift made directly to him and not to him and his spouse. But it can't hurt to articulate that in the deed just to reinforce that fact...thanksBarrister

Related Estate Law Questions