Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I want to transfer 99% share of my real estate property to my brother who's a married

Customer Question

I want to transfer 99% share of my real estate property to my brother who's a married man. Does his wife receive the ownership as well? How to write it on title?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..No, this would be considered a gift from you to him and gifts and inheritances are considered the separate property of the recipient. She would only gain an interest if he later added her to the deed as a joint owner...thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how to write his ownership on the tile? His name, A Married Man as His Sole and Separate Property?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
You can have the deed drafted that way, but by law it is already considered he separate property because it is a gift made directly to him and not to him and his spouse. But it can't hurt to articulate that in the deed just to reinforce that fact...thanksBarrister