How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What does a community property agreement between husband and

Customer Question

What does a community property agreement between husband and wife consist of in Washington state?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Are you before marriage or after?1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your question is not clear. I will answer as best I can assume your meaning. My husband and I have been married 23 years. Our initial CP agreement was done after our marriage. We have 7 adult children between us. Jo ***** *****
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
I was in the process of editing as I misread the question. I lost my answer. Let me rewrite it.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. A community property agreement states that when the first spouse or partner dies 1) all property both people own converts to community property and 2) all of the deceased person’s property immediately goes to the surviving spouse. Washington law permits all community property passed through a CPA to be transferred to the surviving spouse without probate, so the agreement keeps all of the deceased person’s property out of probate.To use a CPA, you and your spouse or partner must agree to leave everything to each other, complete the document, and sign it in front of a notary public. When one spouse or partner dies, the survivor will become the owner of the deceased person’s property, without probate. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer , an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Just checking back in and I see you reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Any chance for a positive rating?

Related Estate Law Questions