How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother drew up two Family Living Trusts in 1997. I am

Customer Question

My mother drew up two Family Living Trusts in 1997. I am the sole beneficiary of the remain one. For about 6 months I have had no legal representation. My aunt has mt Durable Power of Attorney and she and I do not see eye to eye at all at this point. She is not willing to be flexible in trying to get the trust to do anything more for me than it is already doing. ONe of the two co-trustees also has been a thorn in my side for the last 8 to 10 years. the only person who seams to be on my side is the other co-trustee however everything he does has to pass through the hands of the other trustee. I am tired of feeling like I am between a rock and a hard place. I have been told that if my side rocks the boat too much the trust will become null and void and I will receive nothing and the rest of my first cousins and their descendants will get what is left of the trust. I have no real assets any legal fees will have to come out of my personal portfolio and at the rate of what I will have to use it the asserts will only last about 15 more years. Is there any lawyer who can give me some advice at least??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please call me as I am signing off my computer right now. I have come to realize that it I am on the computer fort more than 2 hours before I go ed it does not benefit my ability. to sleep. so please call me at(###) ###-####Thank you for your consideration is this fact.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. We can talk by phone about your rights as a beneficiary. I would have do that through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Otherwise, I can provide you the information you need in this computer thread. It's entirely up to you. Fair enough?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you located in Ulster or Dutchess county New York? I see that you seam to be located in the state of Texas. I do not drive and have to rely on someone else for transportation.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am not. I'm sorry! I will be happy to opt out to open your question up to other experts so that an expert located in your area can help you. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Just to be clear. Would you like to discuss this with me or with a NY based expert? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a lawyer who is closer to me than Walden NY. I do not drive and have to rely on some else for transportation. I need someone closer to New Paltz located in either either Ulster County or Dutchess County Ny.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No worries. I only responded because it showed up as a reply to me after I had opted out. :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you widen my search to include a location which is closer to New Paltz than Walden?? I would prefer contact via telephone as this is a complicated matter. too complicated to go into via e-mail. My phone number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
I am in NY. do you still need an answer at this time? if so, what would you like to know? keep in mind we cannot represent customers but can answer questions on this site.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
since I am not satisfied with your services so far .Please refund my credit card by the close of business today and confirm this via-e-mail Thank you for your time a this matter.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
will let customer service know and opt out.

Related Estate Law Questions