How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Husband passed away a year ago and included me in his will,

Customer Question

Husband passed away a year ago and included me in his will, which I found out from the court records because Executor never informed me of this. I have tried to contact said Executor, by he does not reply to my emails or phone calls.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
the executor has to publish will to you and has to distribute and account to you per the will.Often this is obtained where executor not acting properly by having a lawyer contact the executor, and if needed through lawyer or without filing motion with court to compel you are kept in loop in all regards. suggest reviewing court file for updates and status too.Kindly let me know if that is acceptable and clear.