How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41034
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in California and my Cousin passed away (she lived in

Customer Question

I live in California and my Cousin passed away (she lived in Cottonwood, Az) just last month. She was 95 years old and had just drafted a new will. She was able to sign it but died before getting it the lawyer. She has a Conservator who she wanted to remove, he will get 60% now. He also sold her house, took all her belongings before I was able to get to Cottonwood. He had said he would let me look through things before packing things up. He didn't. There are many more things to tell. Also 4 other people have expressed what I know. He had been taking advantage of her for quite some time . I have a contact in Cottonwood who knows first hand what was going on. Is there anything that can be done? I would like to contest the will. I'm afraid he also may have just left and done nothing.
Is their any advice you can give me?
ave of her for quite a long time. I have a contact in Cottonwood that knows the whole story. Is there anything I cando?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today. You have the right here to contest any will she made.There may have been issues such as undue influence and lack of capacity.You will need a local lawyer here in Cottonwood to file such a contest and it has to be done pretty quickly. You can also seek a court ordered accounting and the conservator is liable for any misspent funds.You appear to have some great facts to contest the will and seek accounting and return of funds as well. Reference see financial exploitation... Lawyer referral here with ratings for Cottonwood. I appreciate the chance to help you.I wish you the best with the will contest.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
I am a user on this site, just like you. So I have no idea what is going on with your account. HOWEVER, if you call 1-***-***-**** Customer service can answer this question. Gentle reminder to please rate the answer as that is the only way I receive credit.Phil
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
More reference for you here. Thanks again for the chance to help you.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you have more follow up.The site has had technical issues today be happy to follow up.

Related Estate Law Questions