How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My uncle passed away in October of last year. He passed away

Customer Question

My uncle passed away in October of last year. He passed away in the state of Washington. I am mentioned in the will, along with his kids and grandkids. His oldest son was named as executor of the estate,along with one of his granddaughters. Now, the oldest son wants a hearing to remove the granddaughter as co-executor of the estate and he wants the
hearing moved to Alaska, where my uncle lived for 70 years. Is that legal or is there something fishy going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? Did your uncle live in Washington when he died or was he just visiting there? Also, where does your uncle own property? Thanks.