RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

In Texas, a will names two individuals as co-executors, one

Customer Question

In Texas, a will names two individuals as co-executors, one of which lives in Nevada. Does all decisions by the co-executor in Texas have to be agreed to by the other co-executor and do both co-executors have to sign any documents connected with administering the will? Thank you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.Yes the expectation is for them to agree and act jointly.If there is disagreement here then the remedy is to take it back to the probate judge. In Texas the probate judge stands as arbitrator of any disagreements.The court also has the power to remove an executor if the two are worlds apart of all the issues and unable to work together.Again the judge here inTexas has a lot of discretion in these matters. It is well known that co executors rarely work.Siblings are others often do not see eye to eye at all. If one party is trying to run things you need to write the judge and ask for a hearing here to have the judge resolve these kinds of matters , including if necessary removal of one co executor. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.