How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My uncle passed away 3/26/2015. I was the executor of his will.

Customer Question

My uncle passed away 3/26/2015. I was the executor of his will. However, 6 months prior to his death his granddaughter had him sign over all of his property to her. I now live in Virginia and my brother lives in Pennsylvania. I called cypress hills cemetery today and found out she didn’t even have his headstone engraved. Is there any way for me to get justice for my Uncle?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you would have to file suit for undue influence to void the transfer of property. Litigation would have to commence if you wanted to achieve justice and a estate litigation attorney would assist you in such litigation. Here is a link to a New York litigation attorney dealing in estate: I hope that helped. please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.