How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7306
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost a brother 14 years ago, he had fathered an illigetimate

Customer Question

I lost a brother 14 years ago, he had fathered an illigetimate son. Five years ago another brother passed , having a written, unnotorized will, leaving his belongings to my son, his nephew. Now, the son of the first to pass brother, has stepped in, demanding property,while the last bro estate still in probate.
Meanwhile our mother too, passed 11 yrs. ago, she had willed the first passing son out, as to save, property from being taken, by nephew. Her estate, too, remains open, unsettled. The nephew never played a role in her, his grandmother"s life, nor his father, or Uncles" life, nor mine, his aunt. He has never taken the family name. Is there nothing that can be done, as brothers" will, unnotorized?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we are in Illinois, as I see it the law here states, having died with an invalid will, this nephew can do what he has attempted to do, now lawyers representing both sides, have ganged up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
[In an attempt, to be paid more, naturally]
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My only surviving brother and I are hurriedly trying to hold on to a small farm, I have one young son, I am praying to keep the property for. May we petition nephew to court, with brother"s un-notorized will, do any good? Show the judge, his father passed, in tears, trying to connect with his son ! No responses from , the son, died desperately wanting contact with him. The nephew"s mother claimed for first 5,-6 yrs, of the childs' life he was one of two other mens" boy. I stepped forward, alerting brother I thot he was HIS child, a paternity test was taken,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am waiting. Should I have received something from you yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
This is a difficult and complex question which will require some time to compose the Answer. I will offer direct contact for later in the day.