How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away in 2008 with no will. I am his surviving

Customer Question

my husband passed away in 2008 with no will. I am his surviving spouse and he had 2 children from a previous marriage. I have kept the up keep and land taxes paid since 2008 with no help from his children and now his daughter is wanting to sell a portion of the land that I live on. What are my rights as a surviving spouse that still lives on the property she is wanting to sell?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
Did your husband's estate pass-through probate administration? You say that you have been paying the taxes, are the taxes billeed to you, or are they still in your husband's name?

Related Estate Law Questions