Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My parents died in September.22,1989 I was a minor and the

Customer Question
My parents died in September.22,1989 I...
My parents died in September.22,1989
I was a minor and the estate was entrusted due to circumstances to another party
It is now 2015
Will the role as estate administrator still be valid
A co administrator was appointed will it be valid to continue as co administrator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Estate Law
7/9/2015
Estate Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 years ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
In this situation assuming they are still alive and able to serve the co administrators can serve in that capacity.If you are of age now and able to serve you certainly can make application to do so.If you are the nearest living relative the court might well appoint you ahead of the others.
The court has the final say here, but the named administrators or you if you are able can apply to probate the will and be appointed by the court.out
More about the process..
The executor in Illinois files the will and application with the local court and then, if necessary, opens a probate case by filing several documents. Usually, the executor uses a local probate attorney to draw up and file the papers.
Illinois requires that a notice of the proceeding be sent to the deceased person’s heirs—the people who inherit in the absence of a will—even if they aren’t named in the will.
Also here a notice is also published in a local newspaper, to alert creditors. The executor may also need to post a bond, unless the will waived that requirement. A bond is a kind of insurance policy designed to protect the estate from losses caused by the executor.
Unless there’s an obvious problem with the will, the court will admit the document to probate and appoint the person named by the will to serve as executor. That gives the executor authority over estate assets. Most probate cases are conducted under “independent administration,” which lets executors take most actions without first getting court approval.
Here again the court selects from those named or any other candidate such as yourself.
Law for reference.
http://www.illinois-attorney.com/news/executor-adminitrator-representative/
The bot***** *****ne is the court selects from those named in the will or in your case since you are of age you may be a better candidate.The court decides who the best qualified ones are here.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Reference..
Lawyer referral for you with ratings.
http://www.avvo.com/probate-lawyer/il.html
Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney