How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7310
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2001, 3 years after my father died, Probate court made me

Customer Question

In 2001, 3 years after my father died, Probate court made me custodian of my children's distribution of his estate. The court ordered me to procure a custodial bond which I have paid the annual cost (premium?) each year since. The estate left to my children was real estate property. The rental proceeds from the property was used to support my children's education. Each child has completed college. My youngest is now 26.
How do I end the custodial bond?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 years ago.
The bond agency is correct. An attorney can prepare a simple petition to the court to terminate the custodial matter and release the bond. When the court issues the order, the premiums will be discontinued immediately.

Related Estate Law Questions