Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

WHAT FORM DO I PREPARE TO TRANSFER GRANT DEED REAL PROPERTY

Customer Question

`WHAT FORM DO I PREPARE TO TRANSFER GRANT DEED FOR A REAL PROPERTY THAT I AM CURRENTLY LIVING IN NOW AND HAVE BEEN FOR CLOSE TO SIX YEARS..THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY DIE LESS THAN A YEAR AGO ..I HAVE A TYPED CONTRACT FROM HIM FOR EMPLOYMENT OF HOUSE REPAIRS SIGHNED BY HIM AND ME AND TWO WITTNNESS..ALSO I HAVE A TYPED DOCUMENT FROM HIM ..GRANTING THIS PROPERTY TO ME WITH PICTURED I.D AND SIGHNED BY HIM ..THE AMOUNT OWED TO ME FOR CONST.COMPLETED.WAS $25.000 DOLLARS ..AND HE WANTED THIS PROPERTY TO BE THE MEANS TO PAY ME IN FULL..CAN YOU GUIDE ME CORRECTLY
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Do you have an actual deed signed and notarized by the deceased conveying the property to you?
.
Or do you just have a typed agreement where the owner agrees to give you the house in return for the debt owed?
.
Has anyone filed a probate case to settle the person's estate?
.
Is the house currently in the deceased's name?
.
.
thanks